Friday, March 21, 2014

Self Portrait #1


http://www.mauricemorganstudio.com/
5x7"
Oil on canvas board
 
The mug of mugs.  Here's my "selfie" in oil; so to speak.  I did this self portrait for my various profiles.  I think this would hold up better that an actual photograph of my mug... might crash a few computers =P.

I stayed loose in the approach to this painting and wanted to stay free form without regard to actual details and focus on the essence.  Most likely, this will be my direction in future works. 
This was painted from a photograph my wife took of me in Florida last year.  While there we celebrated my aunt's 90th birthday at the House of Blues.  Being the “active spirited“ woman that she is, she danced her legs off and even "climbed" up on stage and kissed the singer of the band after he serenaded her "Happy Birthday" and brought the house down in a bluesy improved rock 'n roll jam!
She's is still sharp as a razor and will cut any man down to size if crossed!  God bless her, got to love the family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment