Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When Jack Becomes Art

https://www.etsy.com/listing/198237566/when-jack-becomes-art-oil-on-canvase-by
18x24"
Oil on canvas

I was originally going to do this as a small painting but thought it would be more impressive as a larger piece. 

Detail 1
 
Painting reflective and translucent surfaces are always a challenge because of the distortions and warped imagery they produce.  Painting chrome is another one. 
 

Detail 2
 
  I like painting these types of surfaces. 
 

Detail 3
 
This painting took some time to do because I had to break down my studio at two different times to have our wooden floors replaced due to a moisture problem which caused a lot of damage.
 

Detail 4
 But I finally got it done!
 
 
Background laid in.
 
When I started this painting I washed in a raw sienna ground for the base over my penciled rough.


3/4's there.
 
This painting was at a good size so I had to do a lot of rotating while using a maul for support.
 
Working on the last 4th.
 
Here I'm working on the final stages.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment